Friday, May 20, 2011

Kate Gosselin


Reality TV star Kate Gosselin has been ordered to pay a marriage therapist more than $10,000 in a dispute over counselling.
Sylvia Lafair claimed she flew to Los Angeles at Gosselin's request to counsel her and then-husband Jon Gosselin in March 2009.
The pair starred in Jon and Kate Plus 8 before divorcing.
Lafair sued last year after Kate Gosselin didn't pay for the services or travel.
Gosselin testified last week that she never had a contract with Lafair, who heads Creative Energy Options in White Haven, Pa. Gosselin lives about 50 miles away in Sinking Spring.
Judge Gerald Feissner ordered Kate to pay the marriage counseling company $10,476.
But the mother of eight isn't parting with her cash just yet - according to Pennsylvania's Times-Standard, her lawyer has already filed an appeal in the case.
The Gosselins troubled 10 year marriage and their acrimonious split was the subject of much media attention.
She recently admitted relations are still strained.
'I am doing what I can to reach out and communicate,' she said.
'What I receive back is not in my control. I do what I can to involve him in our family.'

She lamented his lack of involvement in their day to day lives.
'He has them two weekends a month,' she said.
'I wish he would see them more, to be honest. So do they. I think the important thing is that I control my reaction, my attitude and my words.'

Share/Bookmark