Monday, May 23, 2011

Christina Hendricks


Christina Hendricks' "Mad Men" look has inspired several style trends, but the actress bristled at rumors that her voluptuous shape has encouraged admirers to go under the knife.

"I hope I'm not encouraging that," Hendricks told the Daily Mail when asked about a report that claimed breast augmentation was on the rise in the U.K.after women drew inspiration from her buxom chest.

"If there's anything to be learned from me it's that I'm learning to celebrate what I was born with, even though it's sometimes been inconvenient," she explained. "Having larger breasts has made it harder for me to shop throughout the years, but I've learned to love it."

"It's so bizarre that people are constantly asking if my breasts are real or fake," the 36-year-old added. "They're so obviously real that anyone who's ever seen or touched a breast would know."

Perhaps the actress' decision not to make herself unhealthily slim like so many other stars today dates all the way back to high school, where she was bullied for her gothic look but refused to be held to anyone else's standards.
"It was like something out of 'Lord of the Flies,'" she recalled, "but if I learned anything it was to remain true to myself and not to conform for the sake of it."

"As you get older your body changes, and I've tried to embrace how I look at every stage," she added.

Hendricks, who gushed to the London paper about "the best husband ever," actor Geoffrey Arend, said she doesn't yet know if and when she'll begin to focus on motherhood.

"Though I probably need to think about that soon because I'm getting older, but I'm not letting that determine any decisions," she said.

"I'm on this wonderful show with all these opportunities," the SAG winner explained, "so it seems crazy to jump out of it. I want to really experience the career for a while, and then I'll see what happens."

The success of "Mad Men" has "changed my life," Hendricks admitted.

"It's opened doors for more and better work, which is ultimately what you want as an actor," she said. "Saying that, I'd be happy if the show never finished."

Share/Bookmark